Visible Light Source
- 635 nm high intensity laser source
- 9 times brighter than conventional 670 nm units
- Visual location of faults in patch panels, trays, etc.
- Simple identification of fiber breaks
- Suitable for Single or Multimode fiber
- Dry Cell or Rechargeable
- Continuous output or 1 kHz modulated
- Fiber Type: Single or Multimode
- Output: Continuous or 2Hz Modulated
- Can operate and charge
internal batteries using
- Batteries: 2 x AA Alkaline Cells (NiMh on
NiCad can be used)
- Battery Life: 50 hours continuous 80
- Output Power Max. 1 mW into 62.5/125 Fiber
- Source type: Class II Laser
- Exceptional battery life
- Rechargeable cells charged within the instrument
The MLS635 is a hand-held, stable, visible light source that can be used to visually test optical fiber cables, splices and connectors on both multimode and single mode systems.Any sharp bends and breaks in jacketed or bare fibers, or poorly mated connectors, will cause a proportion of the guided visible light to escape making the MLS635 ideal for identifying faults in fiber optic jumper cables, distribution frames, patch panels and splice trays.It can also be used for end-to-end continuity tests, connector identification in patch panels, fiber tracing, and fibre identification during splicing operations. The MLS635 uses a high intensity 635 nm laser, which is approximately nine times brighter to the human eye than other units operating at 660 or 670 nm, providing 0.6 mW into 9/125 fiber.
This means that any break or other loss in a fiber optic system is much easier to see, even through jacketed Kevlar cables.Battery status warning indicates low battery condition. An optical charger is available when using rechargeable batteries.