Insulation Resistance Tester
Insulation testing up to 5 kV and 1 TΩ,
Accuracy of ±5% ±2 digits Over 1 GΩ on all ranges
|Call for price ►►||| BM5200 |MIT410 | MIT430 | MIT480 |
| MIT481 | MIT485 | MIT40X |
- 1 TΩ, 1.4 mA, 5 kV digital insulation tester with digital and analogue display
- Five test ranges; 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V, 2500 V and 5000 V
- Insulation (InS), Polarisation Index (PI) and variable timed test (t) modes
- Selectable DC or AC (incl. frequency) voltmeter functions
- Guard terminal to shunt surface leakage currents
- CATIII 600 V safety rating
IIII [+] Read More
- Compact, rugged insulation resistance tester
- Easy operation and voltage range selection
- AC and DC voltmeter (25 V – 600 V)
- User settable IR test timer (default 1 min), (max. 19 m 50 s)
- Soft carry case for instrument and leads
- Quick start and full user guide
- Locking HV insulated plugs for additional safety
- Shutters across terminals prevent accidental ingress of dirt and
IR tester uses include:
- Product test and qualification
- Installation of equipment
- Routine maintenance
- Problem resolutions
The Megger BM5200 tester is a battery powered instrument with digital and analogue arc display, designed for high voltage insulation resistance testing in the maintenance and servicing of cables, rotating plant machinery, transformers, switchgear and industrial installations.
DC insulation tests are performed at 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V, 2500V and 5000 V. Insulation resistance measuring range is 100 kΩ to 1000 GΩ. Automatic discharge for capacitive circuits under test is provided and decaying voltage displayed.
The guard terminal can be used to minimise the effects of surface leakage and hence erroneous measurements when carrying out insulation resistance tests.
A Polarisation Index (PI) mode performs a ratio metric test that calculates the ratio of insulation resistance at ten minutes to insulation resistance at one minute. The IR test timer (t) mode facilitates a single fixed time test based on the set time interval t.
For capacitive test objects the instrument will automatically discharge through an internal resistor and indicate voltage across the terminals in the range 25 V to 600 V with higher voltages indicated by ‘>600 V’. This feature will give decaying voltage indication following the testing of reactive loads. When the voltage indicator disappears it is safe for the user to disconnect the test leads.
The BM5200 is powered by eight 1.5 V IEC LR6 (AA) cells. Design safety features include high voltage warning indicator, external voltage display after IR test, automatic discharge of reactive loads and test leads.