MIT400 Series CAT IV
Insulation Resistance and Continuity Testers
Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ,
Continuity testing at 200 mA or 20 mA down to 0.01 mA
|Call for price ►►||| MIT400 |MIT410 | MIT430 | MIT480 |
| MIT481 | MIT485 | MIT40X |
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ
- Patented analog arc and dual digital display
- CAT IV 600 V rating
- TRMS & DC Voltage measurement
- Continuity testing at 200 mA or 20 mA down to 0.01
- Pass/Fail limit alarms
- PI/DAR and Timer function
IIII [+] Read More
- Test result storage (MIT Models 420, 430, 481 and 485
- Bluetooth® wireless data transfer (MIT Models 430 and 485
- Measurement of capacitance and distance by capacitance (MIT Models 481 and 485)
- User selectable test voltage in 1V increments from 10V to 100V (MIT Model 40X)
- Three year product warranty
- IP54 rated
- Plant maintenance and production testing
- Panelboard testing
- Railway and other transportation maintenance and testing
- Motor testing
- Cable inspection/quality control
- Street lighting maintenance
- Avionics ground testing and maintenance
- Military hardware and facility maintenance
- Commercial avionics testing
- Military land, marine and air communications testing
- Manufacturing/production line testing
- Electrostatic test and measurement
- Component testing
- Battery powered traction and lifting equipment testing
The Megger MIT400 Series insulation and continuity testers has been designed for electrical testing by power utilities, industrials, telecommunication companies, commercial/domestic electricians and anyone with unique test voltage requirements. The wide range of features also makes the MIT400 Series ideal for maintenance technicians and engineer.
Meggers’ new MIT400 series insulation testers are rugged and compact enough for one-handed operation. They fully meet the requirements for Cat IV 600V applications, as defined by IEC61010, ensuring safe operation in all normal electrical, service, maintenance and utility applications.
All models in the MIT400 range offer time saving fast-response continuity testing and true RMS voltage measurement that provides accurate results even when the supply waveform is non-sinusoidal.
For general applications, Megger offers the MIT400 tester in four versions.
The entry level MIT400 provides insulation testing at 250V, 500V and 1,000V, together with continuity testing and voltage measurement. The MIT410 adds 50V and 100 V insulation tests, as well as fully automatic measurement of dielectric absorption (DAR) and polarisation index (PI), while the MIT420 provides all of the facilities of the MIT420 plus internal storage for test results. Stored results can subsequently be recalled to the screen to allow easy recording.
The versatile MIT430, stores test results and also allows them to be transferred to a PC via a Bluetooth wireless connection. This arrangement completely eliminates the need for data cables, and also guarantees total electrical isolation between the instrument and the PC to which the data is being transferred.
The low-voltage model MIT40X has a selectable insulation test voltage from 10V up to 100V, and three further models which are optimized for use in telecommunications applications.
All Megger MIT400-series instruments have a removable rubber over-moulding for added resilience, and all are supplied in the form of a kit, complete with test leads and a strong moulded carrying case. For added convenience and ease of use, the instruments can be stored in the case without disconnecting the test leads.
All models also feature a useful dual digital display plus and analog arc. The display shows the main parameter being measured, while the smaller secondary display shows related parameter s- for example, insulation test voltage – as a digital value. Users therefore save valuable time by measuring two parameters with a single test.
Designed to be exceptionally safe to use, fast detecting circuitry prevents damage to the instruments if accidentally connected to live circuits or across phases. Specifically, all instruments:
- Meet the international requirements of IEC1010-2 and EN61557.
- Live circuit detection inhibits insulation testing on circuits over 50V.
- Live circuit detection and test inhibit on continuity measurements.
- Default display of live circuit voltage on all ranges.
- Detection and inhibit functions even if the protection fuse has failed.
- Suitable for use on CAT IV applications and supply voltages to 600 V. 600 V CAT IV
All MIT400 instruments are designed to meet the safety requirements for use on CAT IV 600 V.