For bare wire sealing against gas or liquid, our TG Glands can be used for various solid bare wire transducers such as thermocouples, strain gauges, thermistors and resistance element leads. May also be used to seal bare solid conductors entering a pressure vessel supplying high current at low voltage to equipment within the vessel. Continuous Wire Feedthrough for Embedded Bearing Temperature Sensors, Transmitters and Sealing Assemblies while sealing securely to prevent oil wicking along the leads. Conax Buffalo BEARING SENSOR WIRE SEAL efficiently seals directly on the individual Teflon® insulated leads of an embedded bearing temperature sensor exiting an oil-filled bearing housing. Typical applications include the sealing of these leads on large motors, generators, turbines, pumps, compressors and journal bearing pedestals.
Conax TG/MTG Series – Instrumentation Wire Compression Seal Feedthrough
- Pressure/Vacuum Compression Seal
- Stainless Steel Reusable Fitting
- Soft Sealant
- Wires Easily Assembled or Replaced In Field
- Temperature Range From -300°F to +1600°F (-185°C to +870°C)
- Pressure*: Vacuum to 10,000 PSI (690 bar)
- Seals 1 to 16 Elements
TG assemblies with high-temperature fiberglass-insulated thermocouple wire are specially designed for applications where the sensor wire is exposed to process temperatures reaching up to 1400°F (760°C). This assembly is particularly targeted for use with vacuum and/or inert gas back-filled furnaces with vessel wall temperatures up to 200°F (93.3°C) and pressures not exceeding 300 psi.
- Sheath Material: 300 Series SST, 4.5″ nominal length
- Temperature Range: -112°F to +250°F (-80°C to +120°C)
- Vacuum Rating: 5 x 10-6 mm HG @ 68°F (20°C)
- Leak Rate: 1 x 10-9 scc/sec He @ 68°F (20°C), 1 atm. applied
- Voltage Rating: 100 VDC
- Amperage Rating: 500mA
- Feedthrough Pressure Rating @ 68°F (20°C): 5000 psi (345 bar)
- Helium Leak Rate: 1 x 10-6 scc/sec typical
- Transmission Loss: Less than 0.3db typical (not including connectors)
- Pressure Rating: 1000 PSIg (70 bar) standard, up to 3000 (207 bar) PSIg optional
- Temperature Rating: -4°F to +185°F (-20°C to +85°C). Higher temperature models are available in some configurations. Please consult factory.
- Each unit has a stepped electrode. Larger diameter of electrode is on the body side.
- Electrode is copper (CU), stainless steel (SS) and nickel (NI)
- Voltage rating 2000VDC
- Body material is 316SS, ASTM 479
- SST nuts and washers for NI and SS, brass for CU
- All prices include a pressure test at 68°F
This assembly consists of a Conax Technologies manufactured TG Feedthrough provided with a sealant and 24 AWG solid insulated thermocouple grade wires or copper wires. The feedthrough is furnished with 24″ of wire on each side. Longer wire lengths can be furnished as required.