- Identify and locate faults on power & communication cables, given access to one end only
- Measures cable length and indicates the length and distance to cable faults to a range of 9 ft (3 m) to 19,000 ft (6000m)
- Works with virtually any type of cable
- Indicates all common wiring faults including split pairs, shorts, opens, reversed pairs and crossed wires
- Unique graphical and digital display of fault information and length
- Indicates distances to opens and shorts and identifies locations
- Built-in tone generator for tracing and locating cables
The Model 503, Clamp-on Meter, is a general-purpose professional Clamp-on. A strong mechanical case design, quality materials, full ranges and compliance to international safety and quality standards ensure a professional and reliable tool. The Model 503 is auto-ranging, and provides the user with AC Volts, DC Volts, AC Amperes, DC Amperes, resistance, and continuity.
The large and complete 4000-count LCD features comprehensive user interface symbols such as a low battery indicator. It is equipped with a Data Hold function, which freezes the measurement. The Model 503 is compact for comfortable one-handed operation, and the hooked jaw design is easy to maneuver in crowded wiring and breaker panels. The jaw opening for the Model 503 is 1.1″ (28mm).